User guide and best practices.
Drive the vehicle.
- Turn key to RUN position. No need to rotate to “ignition”.
- Wait for Vehicle Ready indicator to illuminate.
- Operate gearshift selector as you would in a standard vehicle.
- Pay attention to State of Charge (SoC), estimated range, and economy. If vehicle SoC goes below 20% - Maximize your range by turning off AC/Heat, avoid rapid acceleration, and find a charging station (if range remaining is not enough to return to depot).
- Avoid excessive rapid acceleration.
- Utilize regenerative braking when possible – allow your EV to slow itself rather than
pushing the brake pedal when decelerating (WARNING: do not compromise safety – use
brakes when needed)
- Limit A/C and heat use.
- Turn vehicle OFF when not in use.
- During drive
Charge the vehicle
- Turn key to OFF position.
- Wait for the vehicle to power down fully (~30 seconds)
- Open charge port cover, near driver’s door. Doesn’t match the picture
- Connect charger – must be J1772 CCS Type 1 combo charging station
- Ensure that the dash indicates that vehicle is CHARGING and that the TIME REMAINING are what you expect (e.g. 6-10 hours for level 2 charge, 1-3 hours for DC Fast Charge).
Refer the following articles to learn more about how to operate your electric vehicle: